Wednesday, May 11th, 2011
Easy Metal Roof Installation Instructions
Metal roof installation instructions will give you the techniques you need to construct a metal roof accurately. The following information will let you learn how to install metal roofing. You will need to obtain for the roofing materials first. Learning and understanding the metal roof installation procedures will then enable you to follow the process in a stepwise manner. Attend Our DIY seminar to learn about roofing installation. Of course, Metal Roofing Systems will gladly offer homeowners a metal roof estimate in Madison, Milwaukee, Stoughton, Waunakee and other Southern Wisconsin communities.
Metal Roofing Systems’ Metal Roofs Are Easy to Install and are Environmentally Friendly
- Coating layer
- Metal roof panels/shingles
- Metal snips
- Wooden stapler
- Counter flashing
Basic Instructions on Roofing Installation
- First, determine the type of roofing you want and then procure the metal roofing materials accordingly. Interlocking metal roofing systems, panels, metal shingles, etc., containing all the essentials are available at roofing supply companies, such as Metal Roofing Systems.
- Place the ladder firmly on the ground and attach it to the roof. Wear non-slip shoes while climbing the ladder.
- Remove existing roofing materials. The shingles can be easily loosened with chisel and hammer. Take them out and then replace with new ones or metal shingle systems.
- The entire roof base is then covered with a roofing paper, tacked in place with a wooden stapler.
- The perimeter of the roof is edged with the metal, which comes along with the standard kit. The edging is nailed across the metal with a hammer.
- Now each panel is laid across the frame of the roof. The panels are overlapped with the next (2-3 inches) with a hammer. Spacing is approximately 1 foot.
- Steel/tin/aluminum snips are cut out according to the size of the panels and roofing dimensions. They are interlocked with the base of the roof.
- Trim kits and flashing materials are then installed over the panels for the shiny effect. This step completes the metal roofing installation process, usually followed by do-it-yourselfers who want to install a metal roof in the most cost effective way. Installing a metal roof yourself has never been easier.
Call throughout Southern Wisconsin: 855-678-ROOF (7663)
In Milwaukee, Call: 414-727-1810